October 17, 2005

 

Originals and Imitations


Jacquelin Du Pre
Originally uploaded by ArneA.
Sometimes it is more than fun to make imitations of paintings first made by one of my favourite artist; Thore Heramb. His works represent as far as I can understand the very best development from the expressionists (see previous blog) in early 1900 to the abstract way of manipulate colours at the end of the century.
As an owner of some of his works, I have had the opportunity to study his paintings as close as possible. I am not trying to copy him completely, but as another artist once said: I steal the best from the best, do it my way, and thus make it my own.
This painting (acryllic on canvas 100x72) is an imitation of "Cellospilleren" from 1984 which is shown at Gallery KB in Oslo this autumn. The Gallery was esablished in 1930 and is celebrating it's 75 years with very spectacular exhibition opened Oct 22. Heramb's painting was sold for NOK 280.000.
  • Gallery Kåre Berntsen as


  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?